Models of Personality Critique
Topic: Buss and Polmin Three Factor Temperament Model
Focus of the Final Project
Using the model of personality you selected in Week One, write an eight- to ten- page, double-spaced (not including title and reference pages) critique of the model. Your discussion should incorporate a minimum of six to eight scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the last five years. Your critique should provide an evaluation of the selected model rather than a simple summary. Your Final Project critique must contain the following:
Provide a general introduction to the selected model, as well as, the focus of this critique and the overall direction your paper will take.
Present a detailed critique and/or evaluation of the model of personality you have selected. Be sure that your opinions about the model are substantiated by citations from scholarly research. As the majority of your Final Project, this section must contain an evaluation of:
1. The theories present within your selected model
2. The major contributors in the field of your selected model
3. The methods of inquiry used by your selected model
4. An overview of the strengths and weaknesses of this model of personality
Provide a summary of your critique of the selected model of personality. Address the current relevance of this model in explaining theories of personality. Additionally, discuss the possible future research directions that could be taken to further elucidate the role of this model in explaining personality.
Writing the Final Project
The Final Project:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least six to eight scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the last five years. Visit the Ashford University Online Library to locate these resources.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.