How Didi Fought Uber in China and Won: Next, Taking on the World
Your assignment this week will focus on the case study about Uber and its competitive entry into the Chinese market (p. 560 in the textbook). We once again visit the country of China, this
time to look at the transportation ride-sharing sector of the market.
Reflecting on this week’s content focusing on ethical leadership, strategy, and alliances, develop an essay responding to the following questions.
1. Why did Uber want to expand into China and what was so appealing about the Chinese market?
2. What advantages did Didi have to help it win its competitive battle with Uber?
3. What are the pros and cons of the merger between Didi and Uber China, comparing and contrasting their different expansion strategies and tactics while taking into consideration
ethical leadership and alliances?
4. Assume you have been hired by Didi to evaluate Uber’s leadership team and the company culture they foster. Include in your evaluation the strengths of the Uber management
team as well as the weaknesses that Didi could capitalize on in order to make Didi’s company more appealing to customers.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
• Be 5-6 pages in length, which does not include the title page or required reference page, which is never a part of the content minimum requirements.
• Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA (7th ed) style guidelines.
• Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
Review the Critical Thinking Grading Rubric A to see how you will be graded for this assignment.