Domestic Terrorism Prevention – criminal justice.
I’m studying for my Law class and need an explanation.
Domestic Terrorism Prevention
Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
- Competency 2: Illustrate the connections between social control and multi-agencies.
- Competency 3: Assess strategies for multi-agency operations.
- Competency 4: Analyze the role of the community in multi-agency operations.
Many citizens and policymakers see terrorism as something that may be best prevented by increased security measures and traditional methodologies. Just as policy and intelligence related to terrorism have evolved, so, too, have the terrorists themselves. The ability of state, local, and tribal agencies to share information is at the heart of preventing terrorist strikes within the borders of the United States. Areas of importance include large federal systems operating on a global basis and officers in local communities who know their jurisdictions better than anyone else.
The problem of terrorism brings the need for preemptive, offensive policing to a new level. Offensive action begins in the local community. Suppose you are the chief of a large county department. You have been tasked with presenting at a chief’s meeting on the topic of terrorism prevention, focusing on the dynamics between multiple agencies and the community. Using the county where you reside as your starting point, create a 10–12 slide PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following:
- Determine how social control can be a point of focus in multi-agency collaboration for domestic terrorism prevention.
- Lay out the local, county, state, and federal agencies that should be involved in information sharing for domestic terrorism prevention.
- Explore the role of the community in domestic terrorism prevention.
- Recommend a multi-agency strategy for domestic terrorism prevention.
Your presentation should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of assignment: 10–12 slides, not including the title slide or the references slide.
- References: A minimum of three references.