Discussion Board. (.
I don’t know how to handle this Management question and need guidance.
Week 3 – Public Health System Preparedness and ED/Public Health System Interface
If you believe that the constant references to a lack of preparedness for natural, technological and terrorism-related disasters in the United States are just hype, prepare to be shocked. This unit will demonstrate how far we have to go to proclaim that our public health system is anything but poorly assembled and on the verge of collapse. As a student of disaster public health, it will be your responsibility in the future to fix it.
Preparedness is placed at the beginning of this course because you must begin to think of solutions to real world problems based upon their root causes and origin. We can not have public health emergency response without plans and preparation. Conversely, recovery will be more painful, more difficult and more costly the less we prepare for the inevitable. Preparedness involves having the proper ingredients and a recipe for how to mix them to obtain the desired outcome. As you read through these documents about our lack of preparedness, think about how complex a task it is to assemble the best meal you ever had.
1. Describe gaps in preparedness among emergency departments and trauma centers in the US, root causes and potential solutions.
2. Describe gaps in preparedness among EMS systems in the US, root causes and potential solutions.
3. Define a rapid health assessment and explain how to perform this function during a disaster.
1. Howard Champion, et al. The State of US Trauma Systems: Public Perceptions Versus Reality?Implications for US Response to Terrorism and Mass Casualty Events.s1072751506013184.pdf
2. The Future of Emergency Care in the United States: The Institute of Medicine Subcommittee on Prehospital Emergency Medical Services.11629_EXS.pdf
3. Institute of Medicine. The Future of Emergency Care in the United States Health System.IOM Future of Emergency Care.pdf
4. Jon Mark Hirshon, et al. Emergency Medicine and the Health of the Public: The Critical Role of Emergency Departments in US Public Health. ED public health relationship
Discuss common themes across the assigned journal articles relative to public health preparedness from the emergency and disaster healthcare perspective.
Many of you without a clinical background will be shocked or dismayed by some of the findings here. Those of you who already work in the healthcare sector may not. Regardless, the objective here is to generate a discussion where everyone learns new information.
– APA Style
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more