I need an explanation for this Political Science question to help me study.
What to do:
- Read the chapters in their entirety, take notes or annotate if that helps you
- Read the questions, make sure you understand them and the concepts indicated before attempting a response.
- You MUST cite from the text in your responses. Failure to do so will result in a 5 point deduction per question/response.
- Find real world example(s) (e.g. web search) to use in your response, this shows me you can understand the concept enough to apply Please quote/cite properly.
- You should be writing at least half a page per response. No penalty for writing more
- 12 point font, double spaced
- Grading will be based on your responses and whether they reflect that you did the reading, whether you understood it properly and showed understanding through application of examples.
Chapter 8 (Media) Question(s) (10 points) (half a page or more of writing per question/response, must cite from textbook at least once. Provide specific examples)::
According to the text, what are some potential issues with increased media concentration and the nature of the media being mostly corporate owned? How has social media changed the nature of media in the US? In your view has social media been a positive or negative thing in terms of informing the public and empowering politicians online? Why?
Chapter 9 (Political Parties) Question(s) (10 points) (half a page or more of writing per question/response, must cite from textbook at least once. Provide specific examples)::
According to the text, what role do political parties play in the United States? Does gerrymandering pose a threat to democracy in America? Why or why not? Will having independent commissions conduct redistricting help solve this problem? In California for example the independent commission has 15 people who are not elected officials: 5 Democrat, 5 Republican, and 5 Independent.