7 page paper with opposing view point on gun laws without picking a side.
I’m working on a English question and need guidance to help me study.
Position (Traditional Argument)
* Objective is to convince an audience that the claim is valid and that the arguer is right.
* Uses rebuttal to demonstrate how the opponent is wrong and to encourage the audience to reject the position.
* Emphasizes winning the argument.
*Uses a single-perspective argument, where the writer argues to convince the audience of one point of view.
*Has its tradition in classical sources and predominates American Culture.
*Emphasizes finding common ground between writer and audience.
*Involves discovering what two parties have in common.
*Requires the writer to understand the issue in general and the opposition’s view in particular.
*Aims to make connections, create common ground, and understand one another.
*Reduces the opposition’s sense of conflict with the writer so alternatives can be considered.
For this assignment you will use Rogerian Argument to persuade your opposition that your position can be valid through the use of compromise. In other words, the audience for this paper will be those who oppose your position. Follow the following four-step format (NOTE: The four-step process does not mean four paragraphs! Your essay should be at least seven paragraphs long, approximately 1000+ words):
1. Generically introduce the topic and show how it affects those on both sides of the argument. This should be done in such a way that DOES NOT show bias toward your position regarding the problem or issue. This section explains or depicts the issue while making sure not to influence the audience or reveal your position. Both sides in the argument should agree with this section of the essay.
2. Identify your opposition’s point of view and explain it empathetically. This section of the essay should show that you understand your opponent’s position and can present it in such a way that does not attack or refute your audience’s point of view. This section also shows in which contexts and under what conditions elements of the opponent’s position may be valid. This part of the essay should show which part of the opponent’s position you could agree with. Many times it is simply the acknowledgement that the opposition does have valid points! Remember, this part of Rogerian Argument is absolutely critical!
3. State your own position and explain the contexts in which your position is valid. This section should present your position in terms that will not alienate your audience. Be careful not to make the opponent feel “wrong.”
4. Show that there is common ground between the two positions. Explain how your opponent’s position will benefit if they adopt elements of your own position. This section shows that the two positions complement each other and that each supplies what the other lacks. Try to reach a compromise that might solve the problem to the satisfaction of both sides.
Four full pages
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more